Remote control your Mouse Cursor with the IR Remote
Remote control your Mac with the Apple IR Remote? No problem.
With RemoteControlCursor (RCC) for Mac you can control the
Cursor with Apple Remote. Start the next video within YouTube from your IR remote.
Remote Control Cursor
Just install RemoteControlCursor as any other regular application to the Application folder on your Mac.
How to use RemoteControlCursor
1. Just start RemoteControlCursor (RCC) as any other Application. It will run in the background as a so called StatusBar Application. You see a little icon on the top right of your Mac. Everything works as before as you would expect. RCC needs to be activated first to become active. So in this state RCC is ready but does not affect anything right now
2. Press MENU on you IR control to activate remote control cursor
3. Now you can navigate the mouse cursor with UP, DOWN, LEFT and RIGHT buttons on your IR remote
4. Press SELECT BUTTON to do a left click. Long press SELECT BUTTON in the middle to do a right click
5. Press MENU again to deactivate remote control cursor. You can activate RCC at any time by just pressing MENU again
Menu - Enables or Disables RCC
Up, Down, Left, Right - Cursor movement
Select - left click
long press Select - alt/option click, right click
You can launch RCC from Launchpad or from Spotlight. You can also put RCC within the Dock and start from there.
At the top you will see the current setting, if RCC is on or off.
- Turn RCC On / Off - Turns RCC on or off
- About... - Show about dialog
- Quit - Quits the application
- Works with silver Apple IR remote
- Works with plastic white Apple IR remote
- Works with OS X Yosemite (10.10), OS X Mavericks (10.9), Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) and Mac OS X Lion (10.7)
- Works with YouTube
- Works with DVD player
Hardware with integrated IR receiver
- iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro: Should work with all type of iMac and MacBook / MacBook Pro with IR receiver integrated
Hardware without integrated IR receiver
- Newer models (including the Retina and MacBook Air (MBA) models) do not come with an IR receiver built in; so the Apple Remote will not work unless you buy a USB IR receiver
Q: I can not open the application. What can I do?
A: Just right-click on the application, then choose open. Click open again.
Q: How do I pair my Apple Remote with my Computer?
A: Just hold your remote about 2 inches in front and press and hold MENU and RIGHT button until the pair sign shows up. After that, only your own remote can control your machine. You should see a chain-link style lock appear in the center of your screen for a moment.
Or use System Preferences > Security > Advanced (requires password) > Pair...
Sure you can unpair later on if you want to. Just repeat the steps.
Just leave a comment below.