FritzBox 7490 WLAN problem
USB 3.0, USB 2.0, FritzBox 7490, WLAN, WiFi, bad, signal, weak
WLAN schwach, WLAN Problem, WiFi Singal schwach, WLAN bricht ab, wlan Abbruch.
FritzBox OS version: 07.12 (or basically any version), Firmware version:113.07.12.
- Lose of WLAN WiFi signal
- Broken WLAN signal
- YouTube is loading not or only a few seconds and then stops loading, showing spinning wheel
- Somethings it works sometimes not
NOTE: There is NO external hard drive via USB connected. Just a printer via USB 2.0. Or offline and disconnected. The WLAN problem still persists also with disconnected USB devices. The only solution was to re-route the antenna cables within the router, at least in this case.
(a) Re-route WLAN antenna wire within your FritzBox 7490
Before (with WLAN problem):
After (fixed WLAN problem):
- Move antenna calbes away from USB ports problem zones.
(b) Maybe also use just USB 2.0 instead of USB 3.0 within your router settings
(c) Put your router device on a top location within your room
Place your router NOT to the ground floor. Maybe locate it, hand it on a wall etc. Make sure the device get good air flow for cooling.
https://en.avm.de/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-7490/knowledge-base/publication/show/1636_Wireless-or-DECT-connections-are-subject-to-interference-when-a-USB-3-0-device-is-connected/ - Wireless or DECT connections are subject to interference when a USB 3.0 device is connected
- VDSL or ADSL line
- All-IP, analog or ISDN landline
- 4 x gigabit Ethernet, WAN via LAN 1 port
- Wireless AC with up to 1300 Mbit/s
- Wireless N with up to 450 Mbit/s
- 2 USB 3.0 ports for printers and storage media
- DECT base station for up to six handsets
- ISDN S₀ bus for ISDN telephones or ISDN telephone system
- 2 a/b ports for analog telephones, answering machines and fax